Ask Psychodementia..........

Psychodementia writes here about anything and everything you need to know in life. The advice is absolutely free. Though gifts in kind like free beer are welcome ! :)

Friday, December 08, 2006

New Website up & running

Finally, I got it done. A new website has been up & running for somedays now. The url is:

www.crackverbal.com

Please let me know your comments/feedback once you have a look at it.

I know there are many points to improve upon. But to give a background I got it done in less than 3hours - coming up with a name, registration of the domain name, building the site, getting server space, creating email ids, typing out the content and finally publishing it.

Before you hit upon any conclusion regarding my ingenuity and start passing undeserved compliments let me tell you that I had started my own business in 1997 - making webpages. I would like to call 1997 - as the pre-google era. With limited bandwidth and arcane UIs we struggled hard writing HTML and JavaScript codes into textpads before previewing it on Netscape (yep! IE still had just a 5% market share). There were infact no good resources and I relied heavily on a kind soul called Joe Barta, who among technical stuff also taught me how to make things simple and interesting. (www.pagetutor.com). I even started a company - www.eximlookup.com. In those days, businessplans would come up on the back of a paper-napkin and companies would start out overnight. Unfortunately for all the enthusiasm and energy I had, I lacked skills which on hindsight were more important than knowing HTML.

Which brings me to my other part - what is happening with the GMAT Verbal Bootcamp? To put it in a nut-shell - Everything under control. I probably bring in a lot more in terms of perspective, teaching experience, people management, marketing and most importantly gumption & chutzpah 10years after my first failed venture. And it shows! I have had about 22 students so far. One of the faculties has got an admit to Darden. And more importantly I see more enquiries flowing in then when I started of.

I will use this blog from now on to write more thoughts than to focus just on publicizing the GMAT Bootcamp. I am sure a lot of you might be happy to hear that.

5 Comments:

  • At Wednesday, January 16, 2019, Blogger stevejordon said…

    After looking into a number of the blog articles on your web site, I honestly like your technique of blogging. I saved it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back soon. Please visit my web site as well and let me know how you feel. I am sharing related topic which is most important for How to get free iTunes gift card generator

     
  • At Thursday, September 17, 2020, Blogger Dani said…

    This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. !And also found, bin number list

     
  • At Friday, September 24, 2021, Blogger nikolo said…

    Thanks for this post Queader! Now I've got to get on and implement more thank you. I also have something for you. you can check here

     
  • At Saturday, October 16, 2021, Blogger John said…

    You are continuosly providing amazing content. I loved to watch it. It helps me alot. I also have something for you to Compress and archive files and data. You can check Winrar.

     
  • At Friday, July 01, 2022, Blogger Grace Yanam said…

    It is a truly awesome l and helpful piece of information. I’m satisfied you shared this helpful information with us Thanks for sharing. here Dolphin Emulators are used to run games on a pc. Dolphin is a popular emulator for this task. The best emulator for you to use depends on Which games you want to play. you can Download dolphin emulator

     

Post a Comment

<< Home